Saturday, November 10, 2012

Football-Houston Style

I haven't mentioned it yet, but I'm a football fan.  Back in the day, I would spend Sundays watching nothing BUT football.  Well, that and taking naps.  I used to take a lot of naps now that I think of it... Anyway, I've had favorites over the years, but I always support the home team.  It's been difficult sometimes (you people in Dallas know what I'm talking about... ) but at the end of the day you gotta' support the local boys right?  Luckily, the past two seasons have been reeeaal easy here in Houston.  And in case you didn't know, we've got a big game coming up...and it's not at home.  And it's against a team that's also 7-1.  And they've got Brian Urlacher.  So, in anticipation of the game I made up some cookies to keep everyone at our house inspired.  I should warn you that my original idea just involved cookies for my favorite player, but my children (and husband) talked me out of it.  Apparently I'm the only one in our house that has an all-abiding obsession  appreciation of J.J. Watt.  Wattever.

Oh, and if you want to see some amazing cookies (and cake pops, and all-around fabulousness), you should check out what Bakerella and one of her friends did for last year's Superbowl!  Clearly I'm not trying hard enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment