Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So, I was in total geek mode on Saturday. 
(It's at this point that my friend Carlos would ask if there was a Star Trek convention in town...)
Bridget Edwards of Bake at 350 had a book signing for her new Decorating Cookies cookbook.  And, while I normally don't buy books these days (I'm a total library junkie), I packed up my children for the hour-ish drive and went to get one!  The book signing was wonderful-Bridget was everything that she seems on her website: funny, gracious, and she took time to talk to each and everyone who came to see her.  In addition, she had her sister (of the Bride of Frankenstein post-whose hair looked great BTW), her son and her husband all helping out. 


I left feeling inspired and (sadly) wayyyy overconfident in my cookie abilities.  I did however have some success in copying one of her designs for a friend who just had a little boy.  I knew I wanted to make some onesie (you know, the outfit) cookies, but was so happy to see that she had her own designs in my brand new book.  Seriously, I had the book for less than a day and it was already paying off with new ideas!  If she'd only put in lottery numbers...Anyway, here's a picture of my finished product-not as great as hers, but still not too bad.  And that's just from my first day with her book...


So, if you need some inspiration, or even a little help getting started go get this book! 
Oh, and send me the winning lottery numbers too please.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little onesie!!! YAY! :)

    Thank you SO much for coming out...and for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete